Between makeup/hair appointments and planning outfits, prepping for your senior photoshoot takes a good amount of work! I wanted to share a few important tips that you don’t want to miss:
1. Nails. Treat yourself to a manicure or even a mani-pedi before the photoshoot. Your hands will definitely be in some of the photos so you want them looking their best! If you don’t have time for a manicure, at least remove any chipped/old nail polish.
2. Undergarments. I always recommend trying on all your outfits head-to-toe beforehand. Check to make sure you don’t have extra straps showing and that nothing is too see-through. Nude undies, strapless bras and extra camis can be real life savers – don’t wait until the last minute to pick some up!
3. Brows. Never underestimate the power of a good brow! Your eyebrows help shape your face and draw attention to your eyes. Light eyebrows often disappear on camera, so be sure to ask your makeup artist to fill them in slightly. I also recommend using a clear brow gel. Between outfit changes it’s easy for the hairs to get moved out of place, so brow gel can make all the difference!
4. Accessories. Part of planning your outfits should be planning accessories! It’s always fun to mix things up, so feel free to bring extra earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets, hats, scarves, etc. Again, try everything on beforehand to see what works best – you can layer it up with an arm party or keep it simple depending on the outfit.
5. Skin/Lips. Start loading up on moisturizer and chapstick the week leading up to your photoshoot. This will keep your skin glowy on camera and will help you avoid chapped/cracked lips (the worst!). There’s no need to tan or spray tan before your session, just keep your skin healthy by drinking plenty of water and starting a good moisturizing routine.
I’m always here if you have any questions. Just shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact me through my blog. Can’t wait to plan our photoshoot together!